- The giant cardboard sign outside my building proclaiming "Young Hall is a MORGUE!" Left by our friendly neighborhood Native Americans. Yep, I dig up your ancestors and study them! (I know I'm being culturally insensitive here, but really, #1, they're not actually related unless you go back 8,000 years or more, and #2, how else are we supposed to know about these people? Want to know about your ancestors? Well, we're going to have to study them! #3, I don't discriminate, I'd be happy to look at people from other areas, too, not just the Americas.)
- Older people who don't know what "teabagging" is and are using is liberally, like it doesn't have a really gross meaning. Ahh, gotta love me some lolz.
- Not funny, but I'm adoring the Mortal Instruments series! Future blog on this, but I haven't been able to put them down.
- Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to the new x-men movie? I can't wait!! A clear indication of my total geekiness.
- Dried cherries. I love thee! (but they don't love me, especially when I'm not thinking about it and eat way, way too many. Um. Bad.)
- I ordered some PTC taste-test papers the other day, and tried them out on my lab-mates. Awesome reactions. I may just have to record using them on my students this summer. It's awesome. (Think making a bunch of people suck on something a million times more bitter than a lemon. Hahah!)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Amusing things of late
I'm too tired to really think about a constructive post here, but here are a few things that have amused me lately: