- I've managed to win a query critique by an awesome person with far more patience than I have. It is now much more shiny and pretty. I will soon commence with more querying. Yay!
- I have joined a new critique group at the behest of my best Betta (go alliteration!). They rock. It is awesome. I've spent a lot of time reading their work lately. I need to find a better balance so I can actually get back to my WIP.
- Maybe after I actually FINISH my DISSERTATION. Yes, that did need caps. Introduction & conclusion. I needs to do it. I WILL do it. Soon. I hope. Right after I grade papers and tests all week.
- I gave a talk at a regional conference this past weekend. It didn't suck. I am decidedly happy about this. I am not so good at the public speaking (unless I'm teaching--I wish someone would explain to me why it is that I can get up in front of 400 people to discuss Hardy-Weinberg and be totally chill, but getting up in front of 100 people to talk about my research generally leaves my stomach in a serious knot. Go figure.).
- I got a call from an agent a couple of weeks ago! No, not to offer representation (trust me, this would have been big blog/facebook/phone-call worthy news). But he was just calling to offer suggestions on Travelers. Talk about super nice! I'm still kind of shocked that really happened. Very awesome. And then last Friday he emailed me with a link to another time-travel book similar to my own. And requested the full of Colors. Yay! (I have my fingers crossed so tight it hurts!)
- I have almost survived TA'ing another quarter of ANT153. This deserves some kind of metal, I think. Preferably something shiny and chocolate.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Somehow I've been planning on posting some stuff for ages, and it's managed to get away from me. So, in list form (my fav), this is the low-down of late: