**Quick reminder: if you want to enter my giveaway, today's the last day! Go here (on my blog), or on facebook, for a simple and easy way to enter--all you have to do is share the entry!***
I don't know about the rest of you, but the prospect of sitting in a car for 10+ hours pretty much makes me shudder. I honestly hate being cooped up for that long, and I have the grimy feeling I always get from the whole process. A couple of hours and I'm okay, but the fact that as I write this, I know I'll be spending all of Saturday in a car doesn't really leave me feeling all that great.
In light of this, I have come up with my little survival kit that keeps me sane. This includes:
- Music. Lots and lots of it. Preferably of the singable variety (much to my husband's dismay).
- Books. I do try to read a lot on car trips, though for some reason it never feels quite the same. It harder to get lost in a story it seems.
- Snacks. I hate eating lots of junk food, but something to munch on, and drink, is essential.
- Movies. I love my table for this. I have a season of Supernatural I have every intention of
drooling overenjoying during the drive.
- My computer. I do try to write in the car. I swear. It just never seems to work.
I know that when we have kids this will drastically change, but this is my current list. What about you, do you like long trips in the car? What helps you pass the time?
This will probably be us tomorrow... :)