Hello from the land of unpacked boxes! How is everyone doing? Hubby and I are busy attempting to settle into life in Big Sky Country (it's been a bit more Smoky Sky Country though...). It's been quite a shift from Cali, and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to there being deer wandering around in my neighborhood. But, it's been great being here so far, and I can see the end of the boxes, though I still have lots to do!
Anyhow, there have been some awesome guest posts this past week, and I'm looking forward to more in the coming couple of weeks :) I was also tagged by Elise (check out her blog here) and I thought her questions were so fun that I can't resist answering them. I'm not going to tag as I'm a little swamped still, but feel free to shout out in the comments!
-Praying Mantis. For obvious reasons :)
2) What is your least favorite word.
-Tinkle. Honestly, who thought that one up? It's what you do when you pee, and what stars do in the nursery rhyme...something about that association is just wrong.
3) If you could organize any kind of party (money is not an issue), what would it be like and what would it be for?
-Me + Parties = infinite awkwardness. I'm usually the one who would rather not go to a party. But, if I really could, maybe I'd take all my lab buddies out for an awesome evening someplace really fun (umm, does anyone know of such a place?). I think we'd have a good time at least!
4) If you could be any fictional character who would you be.
-Does wanting to be one of my own fictional characters count? Because I'd like to be Gabby (who's book isn't finished yet). If not my own, then probably either Amelia Peabody from the Peabody mysteries (archaeology + Emerson + mysteries!), or Claire from the Outlander series (Jamie. That is all.).
5) Where is Waldo right now?
-Hiding in my unpacked boxes in my basement. I think he kind of likes it there.
6) If you could add one new gadget to the Swiss Army knife, what would it be, describe it.
|This just about gives me hives looking at it!|
7) If you had to change your first name, what would it be?
-Honestly, I don't know! My name is kind of random, but it suites me for random reasons :) But, honestly, something simpler would probably work: Jane, maybe?
8) If you could have one superpower what would it be?
-Flight. No questions asked. I would love, love, love that. And just think: no more sitting in traffic!
9) Biggest pet peeve while watching a movie or reading a book.
-Someone bugging me! Honestly, hubby has a knack for showing up at just the last two or three pages and doing something to distract me. It's an evil talent of his & drives me batty!
10) What was your favorite childhood toy.
-Books. My nerd-ness started young.
11) Have you ever owned sea monkeys? If so, were you able to train them to do tricks? Please TELL ME how to train sea monkeys!
-Hah! I never have had sea monkeys, but some serious synchronized swimming sea monkeys would be epic!