I make lists every single day. Thank heavens for Google Tasks, because they help me out a ton. And often I also end up with scraps of paper with lists on them scattered around. Few things make me happier than to cross one of those lists off as complete :) But, that's not the only kind of lists I make (just as my students--I have lists of terms for them to study regularly!). For the hop, I thought I'd list out a few things I have down on my long-term to-do, the biggies I hope to accomplish in the next 5-10 years (my Bucket List, if I may, at least in short form). This seems like the perfect excuse to think about this kind of thing anyhow, and I might as well post it to keep myself accountable :)
In no particular order:
- Visit Africa. I've come close to getting to this continent, but have yet to set foot there. I'd love to visit some of the awesome early human sites that I talk about in my courses!
- Make tenure. I can't apply for this for a couple of more years, but the work is already beginning with that as the end goal. No rest for the weary!
- Get an agent for my books. I've managed it before, but would love to have someone help represent my work.
- Write a book that makes it to a best-seller list. I'm not terribly picky which one. I can dream, right? ;)
- Travel more, especially out of the country. Ties in nicely with #1, and my wanderlust is insatiable.
- Make more friends. I'm naturally very shy, so moving to Montana was really hard on me and it's taken me years to feel like I have a group of friends. I'd really like to find more people, too.
- Be a better sister/daughter. Moving far from my family has made this a little more difficult than I'd like, and it's something I want to work on.
I know there are many more, but these are my top ones for the moment, and things I hope to work on overall as the months roll on. What are some of your bigger goals?