I know the web is flooded with posts looking back at 2013, but I can't resist a little nostalgia. Last year was pretty crazy for me, so I'm really just happy to have survived it. In short form:
- I finished teaching my first year as a professor and started my second. At some point I really will get the hang of it.
- I read 46 non-academic books. Considering the above point, I'm counting that as a decent score.
- A traveled to a few new countries while on a Caribbean cruise with my in-laws. It's safe to say I could easily move to any of them if someone would like to fund me :)
- My second novel, The Chemistry of Fate released. If you'd like to grab a copy, I'd love that (hint-hint!).
- I wrote, revised, and had the 3rd Sary book (Surrender the Sky) accepted for publication. Expect it early this summer.
- Colors Like Memories released in paperback.
- I wrote/contributed to two academic papers, based on research I've been working on. It amazes me that a 20 page paper can often be just as much work as a 200 page book.
Okay, that's enough randomness! Still, lots of crazy things, and a serious dose of stress for 2013. Anyhow, I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions. But there are a few things I'd like to see happen this coming year, and with that in mind, here's a few things that I plan to work toward in 2014:
- Read just as many, if not more, novels as last year. Considering how much I love to read, this is a bonus.
- Get an agent for, or sell my NA sci-fi (An Absence of Light). Fingers crossed!
- Escape the eternally grey skies of Montana as much as possible :)
- And the kicker: learn how to not stress so much. This is definitely something I need to be better at, for my health especially, and so I have some hair left. I swear I spent most of last year rushing from one thing to another, but I'm really hoping I can figure out how to handle it all better this coming year. We'll see how I manage!
Okay, giveaway time! I haven't done anything fun lately, so I figure it's a good way to kick the year off. I've been having a lot of fun making these really cute necklaces with different words on them (you can pick the word for yours!). To enter, all you need to do is let me know in the comments what you're most looking forward to in 2014. Bonus if you follow me on twitter and facebook (just say so in your comment). I'll pick a winner next Monday the 6th. Good luck!