As we plow into mid-September, I'm doing my best to keep from drowning in work, life, and just general stuff. Some days are better than others. We all get there, don't we? When it just seems like a little too much--a few extra rocks in our pockets in the swim of life :) Anyhow, I often try to spend some time reflecting on what's good in my life at these times, just for a little balance. Blogging is a great way to do that, for me at least, so here goes:
- I have a great job, even with the added stress sometimes
- Kate the Great is the best dog in the world :) (Yes, I am so biased, haha!)
- Two of my Sary Society novels are going to be in print shortly
- My agent is awesome
- I have a roof over my head and food in my pantry
- My mom, sister, and brother are the best (especially for discussing The Great Burrito War of 2021)
- Don't ask about the Burrito War. Really.
- It's pumpkin season! I love all things pumpkin flavored
- My new-to-me car will handle the snow so much better this winter
- The small landscaping project in my yard a month ago is looking awesome
|This is outside my office at work, and I see it walking home every day. Lovely, isn't it? :)|
This is just my random little list. 2016 has been a strange year filled with some crazy stuff in my personal life (death and divorce are just two of the biggies), so I find this helpful.
What are you most grateful for today?