- There is a pair of red-tailed hawks nesting in the giant pine tree in front of my house. This is absolutely amazing. Really. The parents are constantly circling outside my window and there is nothing cooler than watching these huge, magnificent raptors fly. This probably has something to do with my obsession with winged-things, but hey, it's cool. I need to find a way to see the babies without disturbing anything.
- I haven't heard anything back from my agent about my revisions. Yeah, I know it's too soon to start biting my nails. I'm still paranoid and repeating to myself that no news is good news. And here I thought waiting on queries was bad...
- Grant money! I got the official word today that I was awarded the NSF Dissertation Improvement Grant. This is totally utterly awesome. It still biggles my mind a little that people want to give me money to do science with, but hey, I'm not going to refuse it! This brings my grand total of grant $$ to more than I make in a year. It's a little strange. And I'm so going to buy like every color of sharpie the next time I go to the supply shop!
- It looks like I will be moving into Davis. This is sorta good, as I need to be closer to the lab. I'm just not going to get into what I think of Davis as a whole.
- My little brother will be coming home this weekend. It's only for 24 hours, and it's to help my mom move back out to be my neighbor, but it's always good to see him. Miss the little bugger!
Okay, enough positives. Things are okay. Knock on wood and all that jazz. Now I'm going to go try and write. It's been a week and I need to get myself back on this horse!