Also, she's been gracious enough to interview me, too! Check it out here.
D.R.E.A.M. Catchers is an introduction to understanding your dreams. It covers the some of the most basic dream symbols and encourages you to create your own dream symbol dictionary. Dreams are unique to each person so the context in which a symbol appears is every bit as important as the symbol itself. This is not a book you read from cover to cover. This is a manual where you look up the symbol and then try to understand its meaning within the context of your dream. This manual is set up like 'The One Minute Manager'. It's quick and easy to use.
My next book is a collection of letters written to my future grandchild. They are full of all the anticipation of his or her arrival, along with little pearls of wisdom to store away until the time is right.
I am a huge sic-fi fan so it only seems logical that I would explore that genre as well. You can look forward reading to reading some good sci-fi from me in the not too distant future.
Writing has always been my passion. Until recently I did not share it with anyone. I am a computer Geek thus the aka Geek Girl alias I use on my blog. I began blogging as sort of a proving ground to hone my writing skills. You will find app reviews along with Motivational Monday quotes there. It has been through the encouragement of my newly found blogging friends that I found the confidence to write books for publication.
- What is the title or working title of your current book?
- D.R.E.A.M. Catchers
- Who or what motivates or inspires you to write?
- Writing for me is like breathing. I thrive on it. The subject doesn't matter as long as I can write.
- Tell us about your writing background.
- I am self-taught for the most part. After taking some college courses and getting positive feedback from the instructors I started my first blog. My blogging has served as my proving ground for honing my writing skills.
- How long does it typically take you to write a first draft?
- About 3 months if I work on it regularly
- Do you employ an editor to assist you in your writing process?
- Yes. I find that having someone else look at my work is really helpful. They see things I am too close to the work to see for myself.
- Are you self-published or represented by an agency?
- Do you have any tips or advice to offer fellow writers?
- The most important thing I can say is to start promoting your book before you are finished writing it. Build the audience and the anticipation ahead of time.
- Is there anything else you would like to share with your potential readers?
- As an independent author and blogger you will see posts on my blog announcing all upcoming publications.
- Tell us how we can connect with you in the world of social.
- On Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/geekgirlusa
- On Twitter - https://twitter.com/geekgirlusa
- On Google+ - https://plus.google.com/106513953587058272911/
- On her blog - http://www.geekgirlusa.com/
Go check out DREAM Catchers, and if you want, share some interesting dreams with us in the comments!