The Liebster Blog Award translates to “the beloved” or “the dearest.” The award is given as a way to celebrate smaller blogs. (Only blogs with under 200 followers can be awarded.) Before you accept the award, there are a certain set of tasks you must complete. The first is to reveal 11 facts about you, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
11 facts about me? Ummm, let's see if I can find something interesting:
|This is why summer needs to get here soon! :)|
- I have a fish named Watson. He ate Crick.
- There's some serious nerdiness in how we name all of our pets.
- I grow succulents in my kitchen.
- I teach kids about how evolution really works.
- I love all things pumpkin.
- I'm currently training for a half marathon with my mom and sister.
- I don't sit still well.
- I'm very crafty--as in, like to make random stuff I find on pinterest.
- I have no idea how to sew, which I hope to remedy this summer.
- I love, love, love summer.
- I'm praying that I have a job after the end of this semester. Because I work for a university that puts sports over education. Which pisses me off more than I can possibly express, though imagining smoke-from-the-ears-fuming might get close :)
Faith gave me a few questions to answer, so here goes:
1. What do you like best about your personality?
~Hmm. Good question. How about my tenacity. It takes a LOT for me to give up. Which sometimes works against me, but not always :)
2. What's the best piece of advice you ever received?
~That you have to put yourself first sometimes. I'm not very good at this.
3. What does it take for a book to stay with you long after reading it?
~A really amazing idea/concept/world. I love good characters and lots of emotion, but I find myself thinking about worlds and ideas more.
4. If you could tell an author that you admire one thing, what would it be?
~I would love to tell Madeline L'Engle just how much her books make me happy.
5. Who is one person who always makes you happy?
~This isn't one person, but my online writing buddies always make me so happy. They make this business so much more fun.
6. What was the best birthday you ever had?
~I am going to have to say one that I don't remember very well, but I think I was 4 and my parents had a ton of people over, and we took turns riding on our pet donkey (yes, you read that right), and he was always a grouch and hated that, but was still so sweet. I just have memories of little snatches of sunlight and ice cream and a piñata, but it was awesome :)
7. What drives you to share your thoughts about books on social media?
~Reciprocity. I mean, I love sharing good books, but I do it because I always appreciate it when people share mine.
8. What's the best thing an author ever said to you?
~I'm torn on how to answer this: an author in a book? Or one of my author friends? Ummm :)
9. What do you consider the ideal length for a book in terms of the number of pages?
~About 300 pages. Long enough to get lost in it, not so long that it has the potential to get slow in the middle. Or hurts as much when you drop it on yourself.
10. What fictional character do you most resemble?
~Meg from A Wrinkle in Time.
11. If you could give the person reading this an uplifting message, what would it be?
~Life's short, take the time to do what makes you happy!
Okay, and I'm going to nominate a few people who have probably been tagged before, but oh well! Same questions as those above :)